Type 2 Diabetes Causes
Insulin is a naturally occurring hormone. Your pancreas produces insulin and releases it when you eat. Insulin helps transport sugar from your bloodstream to cells throughout your body where it is used for energy. With type 2 diabetes your body becomes resistant to insulin. Your body is no longer using the hormone efficiently. This forces your pancreas to work harder to make more insulin. Over time this can damage cells in the pancreas and eventually your pancreas may not be able to produce any insulin. By not producing enough insulin or if the body doesn’t use it efficiently, glucose builds up in your bloodstream leaving your body’s cells starved for energy.
Type 2 Diabetes Symptoms
• Excessive thirst
• Excessive hunger
• Increased urination
• Sores that are slow to heal
• Frequent infections
• Blurred Vision
• Areas of darkened skin
• A sedentary lifestyle
• Poor diet/eating too much/drinking too much diet soda
Lifestyle Changes Dramatically Affect Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
Lifestyle adjustments can help delay or even prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. Changes in diet, exercise and weight management work together to help your blood sugar levels stay within the ideal range. Lifestyle is based on habit, and habits are stored in the subconscious mind. Hypnosis goes straight to the subconscious mind and has a higher success rate of change compared to other therapy methods like talk therapy which only deal with conscious mind.
Hypnosis Plays an Important Role in Managing Type 2 Diabetes
Therapeutic hypnosis helps people with Type 2 Diabetes manage the condition including:
• Compliance – in many cases the patient is non-compliant to their doctor’s plan for a healthier lifestyle. Hypnosis goes directly to the subconscious mind and helps “unblock” the mind so the plan is followed. Hypnosis helps with better eating patterns, more exercise, losing weight and getting control of diabetes.
• Reducing Stress – controlling anxiety and stress is one of hypnosis’s best kept secrets as it relates to managing diabetes. Hypnosis is a very deep state of relaxation and that relaxation plays a critical role in better health.
• The Subconscious Mind’s Effect on the Pancreas – under hypnosis the hypnotherapist can tap into the subconscious mind and offer suggestions for the body to produce the proper levels of insulin. The power of the mind has the ability to relieve common ailments and diseases. Similar strategies are used under hypnosis to help mothers produce breast milk and alleviate pain during child birth (what is in modern day terms called lamaze).
• Reducing Depression and Emotional Eating – studies show that people with diabetes are at an increased risk for depression which can lead to emotional eating and making it more difficult to manage insulin levels. Hypnosis increases self-confidence and helps improve beliefs about a brighter future, thereby reducing depression and emotional eating and helping the patient control diabetes and overall mental health.
• Breaking the Cycle of Bad Habits – Hypnosis is used around the world helping millions to reduce and reverse negative behaviors that lead to diabetes like overeating, snacking on sweets, being sedentary and more. The power of suggestion to the subconscious mind can literally reprogram the body to make better and healthier choices.
• Issues with Self-Love and Self-Esteem – many patients with diabetes have low self-esteem and low self-love which affects their choices in how they treat their body without even realizing it. These issues reside in the subconscious mind which hypnotherapy addresses directly. Many diabetes clients feel sigificantly different about loving their body enough to get better which is a springboard for change.
Take Control of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) Today
Hypnosis helps you to manage and improve diabetes symptoms. The power of the mind is an incredible tool which offers endless opportunities for change. Hypnotherapists help you get the right suggestions into your subconscious mind that your body picks up as instructions for change.
In a study in American Health Magazine, hypnosis and hypnotherapy have a 93% success rate compared with lower results from other methods of therapy which require far more sessions. Click here to learn more about hypnosis and its high success rate.
You're Ready to Schedule Your Appointment
We can work with you in-office, via phone, via Skype or via Apple Facetime worldwide. Scheduling is fast and easy online. We are happy to answer questions at anytime by calling our office or send an e-mail to: [email protected].
Our Practitioners Are Committed To Your Success - Click to Schedule
Initial Visit (90 mins)
Initial Visit (90 mins)
Initial Visit (90 mins)
Image courtesy of Flickr user Eduardo Carcia Cruz – used with permission (link)
• National Institute of Health – Hypnosis is an adjunct therapy in the management of diabetes