Essential Oils and Aromatherapy Open Up the Senses
Essential oils and aromatherapy can affect psychological and physiological changes. The potential of these precious aromas are amazing. The ability to smell provides pleasurable sensations, evokes memories of the past, and provides us with protective mechanisms for the body. Think of the many ways our sense of smell affects our lives.
Essential oils can have a healing effect both mentally and emotionally. The psychological benefits are usually obtained when essential oils are inhaled. Our sense of smell is governed by the olfactory organ at the top of our nose. Tiny cilia and receptor cells have direct access to the brain. The aroma sends an immediate signal to the limbic system of the brain. The limbic system is the center of memory and emotion. The oils can exert a powerful effect on mind, mood, and emotions.
Essential Oils Replace Synthetic Candles and Fragrances That Include Harmful Chemicals
One of the tremendous plusses for using essential oils is that they create natural and delightful aromas. If you used essential oils for no other reason than to replace those garish synthetic smelling candles, potpourris, and fragrances then you are doing the right thing. Essential oils are natural, pure, and unadulterated. Store-bought fragrances simulate a particular aroma and are usually made from chemicals that are harmful to inhale. Essential oils have a deeper smell that stay in the room easier and when used in the right amount do not become overwhelming or make your eyes or throat burn like artificial scents.
Purchasing only essential oils to fragrance a room is a smart and healthy choice. Not only are you assured of wonderful fragrances which you can personally choose from a large selection, but you will also receive therapeutic benefits! There is no need to burn fake candles in your home. Often those who have complained about the sensitivity to fragrances are unwittingly reacting to the synthetic chemicals as a result of burning them into the air.
What aromatherapy diffuser should I use?
At Meridian Peak Hypnosis we use and recommend the Simway Ultrasonic Cool Mist Aroma Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off. This is one of the diffusers that holds more water which lets it run longer.
How to Use an Aromatherapy Diffuser and Fill the Air With Essential Oils
Fill the water to the line indicated and insert 3 drops of essential oil for every 100ml of water the diffuser holds. So for a 300ml diffuser, you would need 9 drops. Turn on the diffuser for an unlimited amount of time and it will turn itself off when the water reservoir is empty.
Recommended Essential Oils for Relaxation Aromatherapy
Different moods, preferences and goals can lead to wanting different oils. Here are the oils we use at Meridian Peak Hypnosis:
- Radha Beauty Essential Oils 6 Blend set for Aromatherapy – 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Four Thieves, Stress Free, Rest & Relax, Breathe Easy, Pure Healing, Happy Citrus, Gift Set – 6/10 ml
- Edens Garden Stress Relief Synergy Blend Essential Oil with Bergamot, Patchouli, Blood Orange, Ylang Ylang & Grapefruit, 10ml
- doTERRA Balance Essential Oil Grounding Blend 15ml
- doTERRA Serenity Essential Oil Calming Blend 15ml
- Purification Synergy Blend Essential Oil– 10 ml (Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lemongrass and Lime)
- Love Synergy Blend Essential Oil– 10 ml (Clary Sage, Geranium, Patchouli, Rose Bulgarian, Sweet Orange and Ylang Ylang)
- Cleaning/ Clean Home Synergy Blend 100% Pure Essential Oil (Lavender, Lemongrass, Rosemary and Tea Tree)- 10 ml
- Meditation Synergy Blend Essential Oil– 10 ml (Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Sweet Orange & Thyme)
- Aromance Synergy Blend Essential Oil– 10 ml (Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Sweet Orange, Lavender, Sandalwood & Jasmine)